- Asphalt paving creates a smooth, level surface with asphalt material.
- There are two types of asphalt paving: hot and cold. Hot mix asphalt is made by heating the asphalt material and mixing it with other ingredients to create a strong, durable surface.
- Cold mix asphalt is made without heating the Asphalt material first. Instead, it is mixed at a lower temperature and laid down in layers to create a strong surface.
- The benefits of Asphalt Paving include it being an economical choice, fast and easy option, safe choice, eco-friendly choice, and versatile choice.
- Asphalt patching systems help repair existing asphalt pavements by adhering to new asphalt to the current installation. This can be done through tack coating or grinding and can be used to fix a cracked surface or repair potholes.
- The benefits of Asphalt Patching include that it can improve appearance, prevent further damage, extend the life of pavement, improve safety conditions, and increase value.
Have you ever driven over a big, jagged pothole and felt the entire car shake? Or had to dodge a deep crater every time you turned onto your street? Well, you’re not alone. Asphalt paving and asphalt patching are two important aspects of road maintenance.
In this blog post, 309 Paving Services will discuss the ins and outs of asphalt paving and asphalt patching, including the different types of asphalt paving and asphalt patching methods. We’ll also discuss the benefits of each type of paving and patching and tips on choosing the right type of pavement for your needs. So, whether you’re a homeowner looking to pave your driveway or a business owner looking to repair a parking lot, read on for all you need to know about asphalt paving and patching!
Asphalt, Asphalt Everywhere!
Chances are, if you’re walking through your neighborhood, driving on the highway, or parking by your favorite retail store, you’re standing on asphalt pavement. This common surface is everywhere you look. Many people don’t realize how important asphalt paving and patching services in Peoria are to their everyday lives.
Roads and parking lots are usually made with asphalt paving. This type of pavement is created by layering together different types of asphalt to make a strong, durable surface that can handle much traffic without breaking down.
Although all asphalt pavement looks the same to most people, there are different types. Let’s explore asphalt paving and patching in more depth so that you can better understand its importance and how to find the right asphalt contractor for the job.
Asphalt Paving – What Is It?
Asphalt paving creates a smooth, level surface with asphalt material. This can be done to create new asphalt driveways, parking lots, or roads. It can also repair and resurface existing asphalt surfaces damaged by weathering, wear, or traffic.
There are two types of asphalt paving: hot and cold. Hot mix asphalt is made by heating the asphalt material and mixing it with other ingredients to create a strong, durable surface. Cold mix asphalt is made without heating the asphalt material first. Instead, it is mixed at a lower temperature and laid down in layers to create a strong surface.
The Benefits of Asphalt Paving
Below are some of the benefits of asphalt paving:
- It is an economical choice: Asphalt paving is one of the most affordable options for paving materials. It is also a very durable material, meaning it will last many years with proper maintenance.
- It is a fast and easy option: Asphalt paving can be done quickly and easily, which makes it a great option for busy people who want to get the work done quickly.
- It is a safe choice: Asphalt paving is a very safe material for pavements. It has a high resistance to skidding and slipping, making it ideal for areas prone to accidents.
- It is an eco-friendly choice: Asphalt paving is very environmentally friendly. It is made from natural materials and does not release harmful chemicals or toxins into the air.
- It is a versatile choice: Asphalt paving can be used in various applications. It is commonly used for driveways, sidewalks, parking lots, and roadways.
Asphalt Patching – What Is it?
Asphalt patching is a process of repairing asphalt pavement that has been damaged over time. Asphalt is one of the most durable materials for paving. However, it can still be subject to weathering, vehicular damage, and other factors. Patching is a cost-effective way to keep your asphalt surfaces in good condition.
Asphalt patching systems help repair existing asphalt pavements by adhering to new asphalt to the current installation. This can be done through tack coating or grinding and can be used to fix a cracked surface or repair a pothole.
The strength of your roads is only as reliable as the company you choose for asphalt services. Make sure to research and find an experienced asphalt contractor you can trust.
The Benefits of Asphalt Patching
Below are some key benefits of asphalt patching:
- It can improve the appearance of your property: If you’ve got an asphalt driveway, you know that it can start to look worn down and dull over time. Applying a new layer of asphalt can help give it a fresh, new look.
- It can prevent further damage: By patching up any cracks or holes in your asphalt, you can help prevent further damage. This will save you bucks in the long run as you won’t have to pay for more extensive repairs down the road.
- It can extend the life of your pavement: Regular maintenance like patching can help extend the overall life of your pavement. By taking care of it now, you’ll be able to enjoy your investment for years to come.
- It can improve the safety of your property: By ensuring that your pavement is in good condition, you can help improve the overall safety of your property. This is especially vital if you have a business or commercial property, as it could help prevent accidents from happening.
- It can increase the value of your property: Asphalt paving is a great way to increase the curb appeal & value of your home or business. Investing in asphalt paving is smart if you’re considering selling.
The Cost of Asphalt Patching & Paving
Many elements contribute to the cost of an asphalt paving and patching service, like location, square footage, asphalt mixture, and type of job.
According to Home Advisor, asphalt repairs typically cost between $980 and $3,487. However, estimates for asphalt pavements can range widely from as low as $250 to upwards of $6,000. Factors such as the severity of the damage will affect how much a homeowner may pay – pothole or crack repair usually falls within the ballpark of $100-$300. At the same time, larger projects could set you back up to $3,000+.
The Asphalt Paving & Patching Experts at 309 Paving Services Can Help!
As a professional asphalt paving contractor with over 15 years of experience in Peoria, 309 Paving Services is dedicated to providing high-quality workmanship and customer service. We offer a wide range of asphalt paving services, from repairs to full installations. Our goal is always your complete satisfaction.
In addition to sealcoating and striping, we also do paving, so you can meet all your needs in one spot. So, whether you need a shiny new parking lot or just some routine maintenance, we’re the ones for the job!